Sunday, September 24, 2006

They tell great stories

Good movies don’t have a “best by:” date… and if you’ve seen Sony’s latest channel Pix, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
One of the movies which has me raving about this channel is Butterflies Are Free. Wanting to watch something in English after so long (thanks to the tv ban), I flicked on this channel… and was hooked instantly after this movie. It’s a story of a happy-go-lucky, independent spirited girl Jill who falls for her blind, but charming neighbor Don, and the practical problems their love faces in the form of Don’s mother, apart from Jill’s own commitment-phobia. The movie stars Goldie Hawn & Aileen Eckhart (to be honest, I’ve never heard of them) who do a fantabulous job. It has the feel of a play- throughout the movie, you hardly see any setting other than Don’s house… and the fact that I noticed this only after watching it the second time speaks a lot about the story. (The channel's tagline is- We tell stories)
Other movies which I watched (and automatically loved) on this channel are To Sir, With Love; Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; and I Dreamed Of Africa.
Old is always gold, especially if it’s on Pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment