Thursday, March 15, 2012

Universal Brotherhood of Road Rage

So I recently got a learner's license for driving a car. And dad's car already has wounds to show for it. I mean, if somebody looked at the car, they'd look at the god-awful dent in the side, then at the L board in front, and nod silently, either in empathy or marvelling at their Sherlockian powers of deduction.

It was not my mistake. Of course, that's what every car-trasher probably says, but even dad agrees with me on this, the dent was caused by that stupid $#^%& 's impatience. Probably to keep his appointment with the President of Seychelles, I guess.

But the knowledge that it wasn't my mistake doesn't ease my guilt. My guts still shrink a little looking at that lone dent, on a car which dad has managed to keep spot-free since forever.

And so today I found this forward in my mail:

FW: Road Rage affects us all


These photos are from Thursday, Feb. 17 by someone from Centurion in Pilanesberg game reserve, South Africa
The guy in the white Volkswagen was trying to get past the elephant.









Sent by dad. Yes, he can be really sweet, when he's not waxing eloquent about my ability to knock down all knock-down-able things in the vicinity.

12 comments:

  1. Guess the elephant was having a case of the Monday blues.. I can so empathize with it - even I feel the same way on Mondays..... :D

    I wonder who took the pics though, Revacious.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha.. think i can guess that one:
      cameraman praful ke saath deepak chaurasiya, aaj tak :D

      Delete
  2. That driver for sure won't be singing 'haathi mere saathi' :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha!
    Icebergs, global warming, elephants..It's natures way of showing whose the boss.
    Does insurance cover 'attack by wild elephants?'

    Btw..Dents on cars are good..It's like scars on a seasoned soldier.The car looks more philosophical with a dent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, let's hope for the guy that insurance does cover elephants :D
      And thank u for the better perspective on dents :) (Though dad won't be too happy to hear about it!)

      Delete
  4. Whew...drive carefully....though I don't get to see those animals in my city highway ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he's driving in Centurion, they were going to get car-jacked the second they drove out of the reserve anyway. At least the elephant didn't hold them hostage and sell their kidneys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, really?? I've always wanted to go on an Afreekan safari.. Next u'll tell me fireflies are not fairies at all! :\

      Delete